Sunday, March 26, 2006

And I Finished the HAT OF DOOOOOOM!!!!

Clinton looks great in it but it is a wee bit too small for him...

Lesson No. 1: Check your gauge folks....
Also, I know everyone wants one of these hats, but great sliced bread it was hard to make this one...Well not hard like I didnt have the talent...c'mon..! But hard like hard to find the time with this severe case of holditis I have for this guy:

Then I was inspired to make this log cabin pillow by this lady here:
http://www.birdinthehand.typepad.com/
But her site is down right now....Anyhoo, I used scraps for quilts passed on to me by Matt and Rhoda from Miltons grandmother...Does that make her my greatgrandmother? Why yes it do!!! Thanks Great-Tutu!!!!
Making more....I will post later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hat, you did really well on it. Gauge really stinks sometimes and maybe he will wear it anyway. Have you blocked it? That may stretch it out a bit.

I so LOVE your pillow!! You really need Denyse Schmidt's Quilting book. A must have!

Love your babe, he's a cutie!! Hold him as long as you can, one day you will wake up and he will be big and not want you to hold him anymore. (Like my 3 year old)

Stacie said...

Saw you on Punk Rawk Purl, and I looooove the pic of Baby with Mustash! Hee hee hee! Nice hat too. I have wee ones that make it hard to knit too. Ah, the wee hours of the night is when I have my me time!