Tuesday, May 02, 2006

FOR SECRET PAL 8!!!!!!!!

AM SO EXCITED ABOUT BEING IN SECRET PAL 8!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
and also a photo of Oscar!





1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love merino...the blend I think..But really, i go with the moment..I have not gotten into the fancy fibers...so risque...and mostly I am a little skerred to try it..I have just recently purchased some fun yarn though..I should make something and post it..

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I made a knitting needle holder and also I use old jam jars..

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about the past six years..But I considered myself to be very intermediate with adventures in advanced that dont turn out horrible...

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No..I should! Sounds like fun!!!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I am a sucker for pikake and plumeria and sandalwood and tuberrose....and all those smells that remind me of Honolulu...

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
i have just rediscovered my sweet tooth....Dont know where it went, but having a baby sure brought it back!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love sewing...painting...building...anything really..Mostly was into hardware store crafting and now more into traditional crafting and arts. Have not gotten into spinning yet. Waiting till I can have a real yarn farm...

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
On my ipod: science friday podcast, tmbg podcast, fecalface podcast, odeo podcast, carla bruni, brighteyes, built to spill, coldplay, de la soul, deerhoof, echo and the bunnymen, edith piaf, frank black , bone cootes, fugazi, jimmy luxury, joan of arc, jose gonzalez, magnetic fields, melvins, missy elliot, modest mouse, motorhead, new order, postal service, sugarcubes...and ween. Just to name a few. ARG!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
A color I cant stand is based on emotions at the moment of ... I love color...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a sweetfart, a new baby boy and a spoiled rotten cattledog...

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, hats, mittens..but not so into the ponchos..Should I be? I am a clapitos maker owner and lover.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Whatever I have on my needles at the moment...

13. What are you knitting right now?
err... baby scarf, sweater from rowan, nautie, two hats, one pair of socks...i should stop before i embarrass myself and admit to how much i have going on VS how much is unfinished...

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YAY!! for handmade gifts and gifts!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love bamboo...and both straight and circular..


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A who and a what???

17. How did you learn to knit?
A nice lady and a retardo book...both years apart...

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
ufo being unfinished ? a year......about....

19. What is your favorite holiday?
hmmm..the one that lets me be with my whole family...

20. Is there anything that you collect?
BUNNIES!!! and books and crafting projects!

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Rowan and nothing specific..Mostly everything...

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, but I dont know what they are yet...

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Too slow to knit for anyone besides myself...
7 inches...


24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Decemeber 12!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

secret whut

Anonymous said...

OK, I dont know if we have discussed this yet and if we have Im just going to blame this on being a mother of 3.

I didn't know your birthday was on Dec 12th! Mine is on Dec 13th of 1974 too! Holy cow this just gets weirder. LOL

Anonymous said...

oscar looks so different (and cute!) he is growing up too fast....give him hugs and kisses from us.

p.s. oscar may just inherit eli's chuck taylor collection, if he is interested in looking stylish, that is.